Alvin Slaughter biography
Speak the name Alvin Slaughter and visions of dynamic worship songs and lively praise tunes rush to mind. The Dove Award and Stellar Award nominee has been a pivotal part of the growth of praise and worship in the Church. The former lead male vocalist of the multiple GRAMMY Award winning Brooklyn Tabernacle Choir is known for his cross-cultural songs and a smooth blending of gospel and contemporary Christian music, creating a style that’s uniquely his own.
But don’t be fooled, there’s much more to this amazing artist than catchy songs and crystal clear vocals. Alvin is a man on a mission. His mission is to help transform the lives of people who have been bound by self doubt and religious tradition— setting them free with the acceptance of God's love and the power of a personal relationship with God.
Alvin is the epitome of the phrase "success is a journey not a destination." He spent years living life as a defeated Christian. The effects of bankruptcy, foreclosure, welfare, low self esteem, and a troubled marriage ruled his life until 1990, when he discovered a whole other world outside the four corners of his own mind.
In 1991, Alvin began receiving invitations to sing at national evangelistic crusades and major Christian conferences. Today, as a recording artist, entrepreneur, inspirational speaker and philanthropist, he is a regular on Christian television and travels all over the world in concert ministry. Healing hearts through his compassionate speaking, restoring joy with his songs of faith and exhorting Christians to live passionately for God.
Eight solo albums later, his latest being the Billboard charting “The Faith Life”, Alvin has made a name for himself in the genre of praise and worship. Accolades have followed including Dove Award nominations for Praise & Worship Album of the Year, Contemporary Black Gospel Album of the Year and Contemporary Black Gospel Song of the Year as well as a Stellar Award nomination for Best Male Solo Performance. He’s nurtured a career that’s seen him speak and sing globally in South America, Asia, Europe, Africa, the Caribbean and throughout the United States racking up millions of miles on the road.
Alvin toured as a special guest soloist with Benny Hinn Ministries during a 10 -year period and has appeared on the Trinity Broadcast Network more times than he can count. Because of Alvin's leadership and experience, he will be receiving an honorary doctorate from Canada Christian College in Toronto this December 2006. Although proud of the doors that God has opened for him, his mission now more than ever before is to also help open the door for others to find their own voice, reach their unique potential, and have a personal relationship with God, through music, speaking, writing, networking and developing social empowerment programs.
This passion has inspired the writing of Alvin's first book, entitled I Got It Back!— an inspiring work that gives six keys to living and growing in the faith life. "This is a new day. Too many people still live their lives just "holding on, living in the past or walking in fear. The fact is that there are way too many who say that they're waiting on God, when in fact they are really just waiting on other people, seeking other's approval or waiting for a stroke of good luck to give them the power, that if they only knew—they already possess; but have sadly given away. Just "holding on" for most people is an exercise in futility. If your life is stuck in neutral, you need to forget about "just holding on" and start "pulling up" from out of the pit you're in,"says Alvin.
Alvin's goal of spiritual empowerment has moved far beyond the boundaries of the United States and is also specifically embracing the overwhelming problems faced in the nations of Africa.
“My focus has expanded from just music to blending the ministry of music, inspirational speaking and writing — empowering people to not just live passively, sort of looking at their lives as something that they cannot control, but to live passionately, finding the courage and power within to live their lives on God's terms for them and not someone else's,” says Alvin.
He delivers a passionate, enthusiastic and entertaining message to both teach and encourage you to celebrate your individuality and breakthrough to become your ‘greater self.’ His inspiring message is based upon lessons learned in his own breakthrough journeys. Alvin is committed to helping others across the world apply these principles in their individual lives and relationships. In his unique, uncompromising style, he brings life changing principles and leadership skills that have inspired and motivated thousands across age, gender, and denominational lines.
• Founder and CEO of Alvin Slaughter International, a non-profit organization which works to feed, clothe, and educate those in dire situations as well as training leaders in Africa to stem the tide of poverty and disease in their own nation.
• Founder and President of Alvin Slaughter Music, appearing in over 100 cities annually in concert and speaking events
• Executive Pastoral Advisory Board member of Faith Church in New Milford, Connecticut, one of the largest and fastest—growing churches in New England
• Partner with We Are One Ministries Inc. of Malawi, Africa, a church whose vision to evangelize, disciple and empower the people of Malawi is accomplished through preaching, education, leadership training, an orphanage and food program
• Host and producer of Alvin Slaughter's, Saturday Night Alive, a brand new radio program on the Sound of Life Radio Network beginning early 2007, broadcast to millions throughout the Hudson Valley and Capitol district of New York State
• Special musical guest and conference speaker at Hillsong Conference - One of the largest leadership as well as praise and worship conferences that is affecting nations around the world
• Founder of Faith Life Family Conference, a 2 day conference designed to create better communication, understanding, and strong families through teaching, testimonies and music
• Exclusive recording artist with Integrity Music, Alvin"s music is distributed in over 100 nations around the world. He's recorded eight recordings, the latest entitled, The Faith Life, which was produced by Alvin
• Author- I Got it Back! (Rediscover the fire of your faith) Inspiration, humor, life stories, and principles to rediscover the fire of your faith. Alvin is presently working on his next book to be released in 2007
• Guest host on The Praise the Lord program, the flagship program of the Trinity Broadcasting Network, the largest 24 hour Christian television network in the world
• Alvin and his wife Gloria were featured on the cover of Charisma Magazine. The article discussed the setbacks and then comeback of their life together
• Hosted his own television program, Highest Praise on the Trinity Broadcasting and Sonlight Broadcasting Network
Alvin Slaughter Ministries ? P.O. Box 159 ? Warwick, New York 10990 ? (845)986-2766