There are at least three bands called Embers.
1. from Oakland, CA
2. from Manchester, England
3. from Flanders, Belgium
Embers, formed in 2004 from Oakland, CA has emerged on the fringes of the North West Cascadian Black Metal scene. They have shared the stage with bands such as High on Fire, Eyehategod, Ludicra, Nachtmystium, Wolves In The Throne Room, Withered, Book Of Black Earth and many more groundbreaking crust and metal acts.
As a serious project, Embers has been on two extensive European tours that spanned over 11 countries. They have also completed one National tour and five West Coast tours.
Embers has been noted as one of a number of prominent San Francisco Bay Area metal acts to feature women. The fact that current and past members of the band are female is notable due to the historic lack of female representation in heavy metal music.
Heavily inspired by the visual arts, Embers is also known for their beautifully illustrated album covers, banners, poster art, and T-shirts.
Priorities for this inspired and motivated project include continuing the collaborative effort to write epic, emotionally charged music. .Please click the following links to learn more about Embers:
* Steven DeCaprio - guitar
* Kelly Nelson - bass guitar and vocals
* Jerry Buchanan - drums
* Lillian Phaeton - keyboards
* Timm Kennedy - guitar and vocals
* Nine Katechis- viola
2. Embers, from Manchester, England, are an alternative/post-rock band who formed in 2011. They are influenced by film composers such as Clint Mansell, Hans Zimmer and John Murphy as well as bands like Sigur Ros, Radiohead and Arcade Fire.
They released their first single on limited edition 7" Vinyl in September 2012. It contained 'Sins Unknown' and 'Tunnel Vision' and they followed this up with their first official release on a label, Killing Moon Records, in April 2013 releasing 'Part of the Echoes' on clear 7" Vinyl.
3. Embers, from Belgium. Members are Pieter Nolf and Steve Demasdrijl. They sing in west-flemish dialect.