There are several artists named Child.
1) Great fuzzed out, organ heavy, psych lp from '69. similar to vanilla fudge at times.
This short-lived outfit specialised in melodramatic cover versions of popular songs of the day. The album, which was recorded at Select Sound Studios, in New York, includes slowed down versions of classics like Hold On I'm Comin, You'll Never Walk Alone, Old Man River and the instrumental Exodus. All come with lots of very heavy organ in the same mould as Vanilla Fudge.
Joey (organ, piano, chimes)
Paul (lead vocals, guitar, harmonica)
Teddy (lead vocals, percussion)
Tommy (drums, percussion)
2) A melodic black metal band from Cape Town, South Africa. Taken from their myspace:
From the conception of Child till the completion of their first song, two things have always dominated their style; striving for heaviness and pushing the boundaries of song writing.
A product of past bands, Child came into being as a five-piece in the beginning of 2006, desecrating their original Death Metal style with influences from various Black Metal and Melodic Death Metal bands.
Near the end of 2006 the band was completed with the addition of a sixth member, and the concept of bringing more atmosphere into the mix.
Child was born, a bastard style of Melodic Black Metal.
Instinctively feeling the urge to bring originality to the genre of Black Metal, Child takes into account their years of watching the local Cape Town Metal Scene evolving.
Not celebrating the confinement of their land of birth, nor denying it, they accept the unchangeable and seek to sanctify it by empowering themselves through the world’s demise.
Child have arrived.
3) CHILD are a four-piece band from Auckland, New Zealand. They formed in 2002, bringing together their wide range of influences, creating their own style of rock/metal. They are:
Joseph: Guitars/Backing Vocals
Mike: Bass/Backing Vocals
4) Child is an electronic act.
5) CHILD was a short lived Japanese rock band, active in the underground visual kei movement. Their music was spearheaded by the razor sharp vocals of frontman Yuji. They seemed to have been active from 1999 until 2003.
6) This short-lived outfit specialized in melodramatic cover versions of popular songs of the day. The album, which was recorded at Select Sound Studios, in New York, includes slowed down versions of classics like Hold On I'm Comin, You'll Never Walk Alone,Old Man River and the instrumental Exodus. All come with lots of very heavy organ in the same mould as Vanilla Fudge.
7) Three piece Stoner Blues outfit from Melbourne, Australia have been spraying their fuzz across the countryside since late 2012. https://www.facebook.com/childtheband In February 2014 they released self titled 5 track full length album. Available on Bandcamp. https://childtheband.bandcamp.com/album/child
8) Child was an early name for one of Bruce Springsteen's former bands, "Steel Mill". http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steel_Mill