There are several artists with the name Manna (sorting based on recent plays):
1. A pop singer from Finland.
2. A Norwegian roots reggae band.
3. A Sheffield-based ambient duo.
4. A Ukrainian indie band
1. Following the UK/Finnish release of Manna’s critically acclaimed album: Songs Of Hope And Desire in early 2010, Manna has been working on new material and is starting recording it with acclaimed producer Alain Johannes (Artic Monkeys, QOTSA, Mark Lanegan, No Doubt) for the release of a new album in october 2011.
Mixing influences that pass decades, Manna effortlessly combines musical elements from punk rock to dreamy folk and blues, creating a unique, experimental and powerful sound. She has already garnered great attention among the UK press and industry and has been picked up by the likes of Mojo, The Sunday Times Culture, Q magazine, Record of The Day, MTV UK, Classic Rock Magazine and Myspace editorial.
MUSE selected Manna to support the band in Finland in the summer of 2010, and in December 2010, she was personally chosen by Melissa auf der Maur to be her main support on her Scandinavian tour.
In 2010, also under her belt rave reviewed appearances at the biggest showcase festivals in Europe: Eurosonic and By:Larm and a UK tour with shows at Club NME + performances at The Great Escape and Secret Garden Party Festivals.
In Manna's own words: " I am not interested in creating anything except heartfelt music, it can be either beautiful or just plain aggressive - often both. Anyway, there should be no rules when making music, it's when you let go of them and follow your intuition that it starts getting interesting. Sound is god and I love music.
2. Manna is a roots reggae band from Bodø, Norway. They started out as Irie Darlings in the early 90's. Irie Darlings put out a couple of seven inches on Earl Chinna Smith's High Times label. On Jamaica they entered the charts as the first Norwegian band ever. Irie Darlings broke up in the mid-90's and in 2003 Manna resurrected. They started playing live and is on occation guested by the successful Norwegian hip-hop act Tungtvann. In 2006 the DIY label Smart Patrol Records released Mannas debut record "Salma". The follow up album "Flamma" was released in august 2009. Previously the members of Manna have also played in bands such as Bøyen Beng, Drunk, Hjertesvikt A/S, Behind Bars.
3. Manna is/was also a Sheffield-based duo which members was Jonathan Quarmby and Kevin Bacon. Their played/made music that was a mix of ambient, dub and techno. They released atleast 2 albums "Manna" (1995)& "5:1"(1998).