P. Mobil

P. Mobil top 20 songs


P. Mobil biography

The history of Gearol-P. Mobil 1969-2015. If somebody spends more than forty five years under the sign of rock and roll, it’s time to make an account. Let’s see! 1969. On the 20th of august in the Youth Park of Lőrinci, the Haus Byrds played a double show. At the beginning of the second part, the front man of the band made an important statement: “Ladies and gentleman please welcome on the stage: The Gesarol.” It was the official name-giving ceremony of the band. 1970. Until the beginning of summer the line up: Gábor Szakács, László Szakács, József Sándor, Ágoston Pótz Nagy, Lóránt Schuster was act more or less calmly, than the singer Gábor Szakács got the sack. At the same time the “musicians of the insectmortal” –as they called themselves- took into the band a talented guitarist, Sándor Cziránku. From the autumn, a new front singer, Gyula Vikidál and a vocalist, Györgyi Huszár joined to the group. 1971. In April, with reference to better financial opportunities -the brilliant singer- Vikidál states that he leave the group, and go on with gig-bands, in Miskolc and Szolnok. Sándor Tóth arrived to the front, who got the honourable nickname “Varnya”. He was a shell-proof singer. 1972. The Gesarol apply for the famous talent show called “Ki-Mit-Tud?” (Who-What-Knows?). In the category of beat-bands they got the “upscale” second place behind the Universal. There were some other member trucks in this year, namely: behind the drums László Szakács went and András Póta came, on the bass József Sándor went and László Losó arrived who was a talented singer as well. 1973. Lóránt Schuster put an advertisement in the Esti Hírlap (Evening Print), after the name Gesarol was censored by the National Organizer Office. The advertisement let knew that Gesarol after the 1st of May work on and they continue their career under a new name: P. Mobil (Perpetuum Mobile). After Sándor Cziránku played a whole show back on the public, he had to gone, and Sándor Bencsik joined. On the 10th of June, already as P. Mobil was their first appearance, on the first Pop Festival ever in Hungary, in Diósgyőr. 1974. The bass guitarist László Losó leave and László Kékesi came, who got the nick “Bajnok” (Champ). The drummer changed as well, Zoltán Pálmai took András Póta’s seat. In the person of Gábor Lengyel a new guitarist arrived beside Bencsik. With this act took shape the first two-guitar line-up of the band. Lengyel wasn’t only the second guitarist, because he was an expert of violin and piano as well. This two-guitar line-up broke off until Bencsik spend his army days. 1975. Bencsik demobilized after some month and immediately returned to P. Mobil. They wrote their first concept programme, the Fortunate of the street-organist. The man of idea Schuster create a new genre for this opus, it was the “rock-operetta”. The cultural leadership couldn’t understand the story that tells a relationship of a street-organist and a suburban band. In the end they didn’t get any opportunities to record this opus. 1976. In the beginning of spring Vikidál and Lengyel was kicked out and Gábor Szegváry came from the band Wastaps. Szegváry was quite a character; nevertheless it was a short period, because he couldn’t fulfil the band’s hope. After this half year P. Mobil took back Vikidál, which were the third and the last case. 1977. They played first time in the great Soviet Union, in a forty days tour. One more first experience in this year: a tour in Transylvania. For more complete sound P. Mobil need an organist, so they took István Cserháti and this formation become later the “legendary line-up”. In the summer they started to work on their greatest piece of music. It was the Conquest suite in five movements. 1978. Pálmai got his call-up paper from the army, so the band was forced to get somebody on the empty post. They found István Mareczky (nicknames: Totó, Zsír /Fat/) who played previously in the band of Theatre Operetta. Finally the first official record of P. Mobil, in the shape of an SP released: Kétforintos dal/Menj tovább (Tuppence song/Go on). They presented the Conquest suite, but for political reasons they couldn’t record it. On the 15th of October P. Mobil played on the III. Festival of Solidarity, than on the 26th of October the Hungarian Radio recorded their show in the Láng (Flame) arts centre, for the first P. Mobil LP. 1979. The promised LP by the Record Producer Company never realized only an SP released from that concert: Forma 1/Utolsó cigaretta (Formula 1/One more drag). The last show with Vikidál was on the 1st of May in the legendary Youth Park of Buda. He left the band for a newly founded group called Dinamit (Dynamite). Between the 13th and the 27th of June P. Mobil had a tour in Holland, without Vikidál and any lead vocalist. Bajnok, the bassist solved this “small” problem very well and sang the whole programme. On the 17th of July the new singer Péter Tunyogi introduced to the public in Szekszárd. The beginning became difficult, because Schuster was prohibit from the stage at that time, so he announced only from the sides. 1980. The third SP released, already with Tunyogi, up on it a live song and an instrumental one: Miskolc/Csizma az asztalon (Miskolc/Boots on the table). The band recorded four songs on the 19th of March, in the studio of the National Radio: Forma 1, Utolsó cigaretta, Örökmozgó, Csillag leszel (Formula 1, One more drag, Perpetual motion, You’ll be a star). As a special guest, the well-known István Bergendy took part in the Csillag leszel on saxophone. On the 23rd of August there was the legendary Black Sheep Festival in Óbuda, on the Hajógyári sziget (Ship Work Island). The Beatrice, the Hobo Blues Band and the P. Mobil, so three black sheep bands played in one night. They got the special “black sheep status”, because the regime find them undesirable, nevertheless or that’s exactly why they were packing the crowd in. Bencsik (the main composer) and Cserháti left the band to found a new group together under the name of P. Box (Pandora’s Box). Their last show with P. Mobil was in Ajka, on the 15th of September. Three month later on the 15th of December the “new” P. Mobil debuted in Szeged with Vilmos Sárvári on guitars, and András Zeffer on the organ. 1981. In April the cinemas presented the Kopaszkutya (Bald dog). Beside the whole Hobo Blues Band Schuster as the main character, Mareczky as a supporting actor took part in the movie. The two bands settled a short “Kopaszkutya” tour to promote the production. The whole Hungarian rock elite thus P. Mobil as well played on the Rock Festival of Dorog on the 27th of June. On the 22nd of August the National Organizer Office tried to repeat the Black Sheep Festival, but the performers list was very mixed. After many-many fight finally the first P. Mobil LP the Mobilizmo released in the month of November. After a short time it reached the Gold status, which was 100 000 sold copy at that time in Hungary. 1982. The new Sports Arena in the Capital was opened to the public on the 12th of February. Two days later the Canadian Saga played the first concert in the Arena and the warm up band was P. Mobil with a special guest László Benkő from Omega. 1983. 1983 was the year of the 10th anniversary of the P. Mobil. After three and a half years Mobil back to the Youth Park of Buda in the 29th of April. This show and the backstage conversation served as a basis to a documentary about the band. The director Gábor Koltay followed P. Mobil in the spring and recorded many-many situations before, and after the concerts among the public. This documentary recorded a quite bold and rebellious scene during the first song, when Schuster pull down a wall which was built in the middle of the stage. At the end of July the second P. Mobil LP, Heavy Medal released, and just like the Mobilizmo it also became Gold. On the 27th of August István Mareczky defected. Temporarily András Gyenizse sat down behind the drums, whose first show was on the 10th anniversary of the Miskolc Rock festival. In November Tibor Donászy joined as the official drummer of P. Mobil, who played among others Edda and Beatrice. 1984. As shown by the third P. Mobil LP’s title, it contains finally the epoch-making opus the Conquest. Beside the suite all those “classic” Mobil songs get on the record, which made the band famous, and not as yet recorded. This album also reached the 100 000 sold copy and became Gold. On the 4th of August in Pusztavacs there was a Peace Festival and it ending in failure. It so happened that the programme was slide, and the crowd become more and more angry and claimed P. Mobil on stage. The police and other security forces started to sort the people out, but the crowd answered it in the shape of flying beer-bottles. All the hell broke loose. It was kind a civil war, but the P. Mobil show finally passed off. A newer age ended in the history of the Hungarian rock, the legendary Youth Park closed on the 23rd of September, with a P. Mobil show titled. “Electric funeral”. 1985. In the beginning of the summer between the 1-6th of June P. Mobil organized a unique tour on the Danube River. The legendary “Aquatic-tour” tended from north to south and stopped in offshore cities, and docks. The band played on the deck of a ship and the public listen from the coast. Mobil wrote all the songs for the next LP (Ez az élet Babolcsai néni), and recorded it on a demo tape, but the studio recording wasn’t realized. The drummer Tibor Donászy declared that he leaving the band at the end of the year. The Hungarian Live Aid organized on the 26th of December with the whole Hungarian rock elite. The P. Mobil played its penultimate show there and two days later in Kaposvár was the last one until 8 and half year. 1986. In January Lóránt Schuster gave in an official report to the National Organiser Office about the band stay the work for indefinite time. 1987. The last show ever, with the last group (Bill és a Box Company) of Sándor Bencsik in July 21st in Veszprém. On the 23rd of September, in the Austrian Trausdorf’s refugee camp Bencsik jumped out from the second floor and died. 1988. In June Schuster back on stage for two songs (Menj tovább, Maradsz, aki voltál) as a special guest in an EDDA show. 1991. Lóránt Schuster ran into Vilmos Sárvári in the Kagyló (Shell) Presszó, and this meeting adumbrate the possibility of restart. 1992. In autumn one unprompted show under the name of P. Mobil, but in a special line up: Péter Tunyogi vocal, Vilmos Sárvári guitar, László Kékesi bass, Tamás Szekeres guitar, Dezső Döme drums and Lóránt Schuster. 1993. During the summer in a small resort called Kerekdomb the P. Mobil (Mareczky, Kékesi, Sárvári, Schuster, Tunyogi) finalize the songs of Babolcsai néni. The Stage Power, a double compilation record released in October, which contains the three Mobil LP. In the Sport Arena at New Year’s Eve gala P. Mobil played two songs. 1994. The Babolcsai néni CD and cassette released in April. The 11th of June is the official comeback day of P. Mobil. The Schuster-Sárvári-Mareczky, Tunyogi-Kékesi-Zeffer line up P. Mobil played in the Stadium of Ferencváros, Mareczky returned to Australia, and leave the band, András Póta –the early drummer of the band- came back for some month as a session drummer. In October pith of the Fradi show released on a single CD, as the first live tape of P. Mobil. 1995. In March Dezső Döme became the drummer. On the outdoor stage of Petőfi Hall P. Mobil played a double full house show for the memory of Sándor Bencsik on the 31st of March and the 1st of April, with István Bergendy and the four rock tenors: Vikidál, Varga, Deák and Tunyogi. A memory record released with songs of Sándor Bencsik, and a new one with the four rock tenors. In June another obligate change behind the drums. Gábor Németh arrived to the P. Mobil bound. On the 20th of October the new P. Mobil CD released, which is the biggest undertaking in the history of the band. This record is the symphonic version of the Conquest suite cooperating with the State Concert Orchestra. The live premiere of the symphonic suite was in the Budapest Congressional Centre with the whole State Concert Orchestra on the 28th of December. The rest of the comeback show released supplement with 5 ancient Mobil songs rerecorded versions. 1996. In the year of the Hungarian Conquest mille centennial, P. Mobil rerecorded the Conquest suite in an up to date sound and completed with an intro and a bonus track. The bonus is an old disabled version of the Metalmania, with the original lyrics Transsylvania. The Memory Commission of the Mille Centennial honoured P. Mobil for their work about the Conquest suite. On the 28th of December P. Mobil held a great show in the Budapest Circle Hall, with special guests, as István Cserháti, Alajos Németh, Egon Póka, Béla Tolcsvay, and the daughters of Péter Tunyogi. Nobody knows at that night, but it was the last show –as a P. Mobil member- of Péter Tunyogi, László Kékesi, András Zeffer. 1997. Only two musicians arrived to the three places, Egon Póka on bass, and József Rudán (Joe) become the singer. On the 12th of June, in the festival of Csörge tói Rockmaraton was the first performance of the new line up: Gábor Németh, Egon Póka, Joe Rudán, Vilmos Sárvári, Lóránt Schuster. It was the first show of the “Hey Joe!” tour. The music of the new record finalized in the autumn of this year. 1998. The new P. Mobil CD –Kutyából szalonna- released in the spring, and the same time the rhythm section leave the band. Sándor Herpai became the drummer and one of the roadies, Péter Lieber got the bass position. After some month Lieber went and András Szkladányi arrived with Gyula Papp as the new organist. 1999. After some month Papp and Szkladányi leave the band and Póka came back. Two releases in this year. The first one was a live CD which finally contains the whole 1978 show from the Láng arts centre. The second one was a special compilation. On this CD -called Színe-Java-, the band rerecorded their biggest hits with a special scoring without any organs and piano. In June starts the 30th anniversary tour with Gyula Vikidál as a special guest. The enthronization of the tour was in the Népstadion as the warm up band of Omega. 2000. On the 18th of June in the Paks Gastroblues Festival they reissued the Conquest suite with János Fogarasi on the organ. 2001. In October Gábor Németh return to the band. At the same time Ferenc Tornóczky jr. become the second guitarist who played in the blues band of Gyula Deák Bill. 2002. After a long silence period a new song debuted, called Hol voltál King-Kong? (Where were you King-Kong?) 2003. A special 3000 numbered copies official book released about the history of P. Mobil in August by Vilmos Sárvári. The book contains an official bootleg compilation CD from the early years. Rock gala about the 30th anniversary of the Miskolc Rock festival, in the 21st and the 22nd of November. The P. Mobil got “Rockstar 30” award on the first night and the second night they played a full house show in the Sports hall of Miskolc. 2004. An outstanding anniversary again, the 35th. The celebrated it in the castle of Diósgyőr with a special guest Péter Tunyogi, who came through in very hard times after a spine surgery. A special DVD with 2CDs released about the ’83 10th anniversary show, called Magyar Fal (Hungarian wall). 2005. On the 21st of August István Cserháti –the one-time organist of the P. Mobil- died. The band held two special memory shows with their previous (1983-1985) line ups. 2006. Mobil rescore some of their songs in acoustic sound, and presented in the summer festivals and outdoor shows. 2007. A Sports Arena show in the Rock Arena Festival in February. On the 7th of May by general compact, the path of Joe Rudán and P. Mobil diverged. István Mareczky visit home for some weeks and P. Mobil organise a “Tunyogi years” retrospective tour. Unfortunately only one show was complete in Kaposvár, because in the middle of the second show Péter Tunyogi swooned, and then the whole tour cancelled. 2008. The new singer is László Baranyi. New singer, new songs, P. Mobil started to write the new -for a long while current- album. The first ones were Fegyvert veszek (Take gun), and Gyöngyök és disznók (Pearls and pigs). On the 1st of November Péter Tunyogi met with an accident on the stairway of the Rocktogon Club. Despite hospitalization Tunyogi died on the 9th of November. The last show with Gábor Német on the 28th of December in the Josefina Blues Bell Club. 2009. Mátyás Szakadáti officially joined on the 28th of February as the new drummer of P. Mobil. The new CD released on the 2nd of July, under the name of Mobileum. The 40th anniversary show was in the Bozsik Stadium in Kispest, on the 8th of August. After the last show of the Mobileum tour, on the 27th of September Póka, Tornóczky, Szakadáti leave the band. Until the end of the year P. Mobil line up filled up. Two young guy became the rhythm section; Zsolt Szebelédi drums, Dániel Tarnai bass. After 10 years (and not Ten years after) Gyula Papp and the sound of organ and piano come back to P. Mobil. 2010. The first performance of the new P. Mobil was in the Josefina Blues Bell Club in Budapest on the 13th of February. On the last concert of the year P. Mobil presented two new songs: Nagyon fáj (Its hurt so), A nagy lalala (The great lalala). 2011. On the 28th of May was the opening ceremony of the first Rock museum of the Carpathian basin in Nyitragerencsér. The ceremony ended with a great P. Mobil show, the warm up band was Gesarol. On the 7th and 8th of October a charitable festival was in Szilice, In the organisation of Lóránt Schuster and the P. Mobil. A new song debuted on the last show of the year, called Nyomjad Papa! (Come on Daddy!). 2012. A new double concert CD, Miskolci kocsonya (Miskolc jelly) released in the spring, which was edited from three shows. Heavenly Band Festival. On the 30th of September in the Petőfi Hall the Hungarian rock elite tribute to the three legendary guitarist: Tamás Barta, Béla Radics, Sándor Bencsik. The host band was P. Mobil. Such as the last two years P. Mobil presented a new song on the last show the year. This year it was the title song of the upcoming P. Mobil CD; Farkasok völgye-Kárpát-medence (Valley of the Wolves-Carpathian basin). 2013. In the summer István Mareczky visited Hungary again, and played some shows with P. Mobil and celebrate his 60th birthday together in a great summer night show. In the middle of the summer this line up broke up, and Gyula Papp got out, Péter Szabó became the organist. Forty + four years ferial full house show in the Budapest Park on the 19th of August. 2014. In the spring Lóránt Schuster nebulized, and the band played without him. Nobody know anything about Schuster, until the great 45th anniversary show, when he came back to stage. It was on the 16th of August in the Budapest Park. At the after party in the Club of P. Mobil he knowing everybody about his condition. On the 9th of October the Valley of the Wolves-Carpathian basin is out!

Please write a few words