Quo Vadis biography
There are six different bands under this name (Canada, Poland, France, UK, Romania and Sweden). here they are:
1. Quo Vadis is a technical melodic death metal band from Montreal, Quebec, Canada. Their latest offering, the 2005 triple DVD entitled Defiant Indoctrination is a concert performed and recorded in their home town on May 7, 2005. It features spectacular visuals and theatricals. At the show, they performed every song from their latest album, Defiant Imagination, as well as various tracks from their other albums. In addition, the third disc is the entire drum footage of the show, focusing entirely on drummer Yanic Bercier. Special attention has been given to sound, the mix being handled by Jean-Francois Dagenais (Kataklysm, Misery Index). A star-studded lineup of guest musicians is presented, such as famous Quebec cellist Claude Lamothe, Alex Auburn of Cryptopsy fame, bassist Forrest of Augury/Atheretic/Negativa, and a classical choir and violinist to top it off.
On 6 September 2008, Quo Vadis played a concert at The Medley in Montreal, at which Stéphane Paré confirmed that he and Yanic would be leaving the band. Since then, Bart Frydrychowicz has recruited Patrice Hamelin (of Martyr) as drummer, Trevor Birnie (of Damascus) as vocalist and Roxanne Constantin (of Negativa) as Bassist. A rough mix of a new track, "Equilibrium," was released on the band's Myspace page on 25 October 2008.
Since then, Bart has confirmed that work is under way on a new Quo Vadis album, expected to be released in early 2009 and accompanied by a tour.
* Bart Frydrychowicz - Guitars, Vocals
* Trevor Birnie - Vocals
* Patrice Hamelin - Drums
* Marc-André "MAG" Gingras - Guitars
* Roxanne Constantin - Bass, Keyboards
* Yanic Bercier - Drums
* Stéphane Paré - Vocals
* Arie Itman - Guitars (also Vocals and Violin)
* Rémy Beauchamp - Bass, Vocals
* Steve DiGiorgio - Bass
* William Seghers - Guitars
* Dominic (Forest) Lapointe - Bass
2. Quo Vadis is also a Polish death/thrash metal band formed in 1988 (some sources say 1986) in Szczecin.
* Quo Vadis (demo, 1988)
* Monofobia (demo, 1989)
* Quo Vadis (1991)
* Politics (1993)
* Test Draizea (1995)
* Uran (1997)
* Po (1998)
* Król (2002)
* Babel (2007)
* DVD - LIVE (2009)
* Infernal Chaos (2010)
3. A third Quo Vadis from France released an obscure psych 45 in the early 70s.
4. Quo Vadis is also a British electronic music duo who released "Sonic Boom (Life's Too Short)" in 2000, and reached #45 in the British charts.
5. Quo Vadis is a Romanian blues-rock band from Timisoara. past and present members: Joe Gaspar (leading vocal and bass player), Laci Farkas, Bogy Nagy, Borbely Szilard, Czifrak Stefan, Molnar Levente. video clip live: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQdYH5uP21s.
6. Swedish new wave duo that only released one 7 inch single, "Kalla Tårar/Krig" in 1985. The single is now considered a rarity and is a highly sought after collector's item among fans of minimal synth.