There are at least five bands with the name Sultan:
1. An illustrious DJ/producer from Canada.
2. Sultan was a heavy metal band from Switzerland.
3. Sultan is a Russian female-fronted metal band that covered the Metallica songs "Fade to Black & No Leaf Clover."
4. Sultan is an ethnic-techno project of Peter Kuhlmann (Pete Namlook) and Burhan Öçal.
5. Sultan is the name of the project based in Brooklyn, NY by Kayla Cohen.
6. Sultan is a balkanorchestra from the Netherlands
1. From the desert heat of his country of origin to the winter rigours of Canada, Sultan has travelled a road quite out of the ordinary. In the past few years, the artist has established himself as one of the most innovative and respectable DJs and producers in the electronic dance scene.
Sultan has had releases on various labels including Deep Dish’s Yoshitoshi label and John Digweed's Bedrock Breaks Label, as well as several compilations appearances including “Global Underground 25: Toronto” mixed by Deep Dish, Tiesto’s “In Search of Sunrise 4”, Dave Seaman’s “Renaissance Masters”, Deep Dish’s “George Is On” which features “Deep Dish vs Dire Straits – Flashing for Money”(Sultan Club/Radio Mix), hailed as being the worlds first ever legally cleared mash up/remix garnering praise from the electronic dance scene as well as rock legends Dire Straits. And most recently “Global Underground 29: Dubai” mixed By Sharam which features three tracks including Sultan & Ned Shepard’s latest releases “Connected” and “Together We Rise” on Shinichi Records.
In September of 2006 Sultan joined world class Dj agency, Bullitt Bookings. Having toured cities across the Americas, Europe, Asia and Africa, Sultan has made his mark as one of the most exciting and technically sound performers in the DJ scene today.
In early 2007, Sultan began working closely with good friend Nadia Ali (Former singer of IIO). The two, alongside Ned Shepard, spent the month of January co-writing and co-producing songs for her forthcoming solo album to be released later this year. Recently both Sultan and Ned Shepard have joined Nadia on tour with Sultan playing guitars and Ned playing keyboards for her Live Show.
Keep an eye out for Sultan’s monthly radio show “Connected Live” the last Monday of every month on DI.FM and check out Sultan’s schedule as he embarks on a world tour to promote his first solo compilation “Yoshitoshi: Montreal”, the latest volume in a popular CD series to come from legendary dance music label Yoshitoshi Recordings.
2. Sultan has released one single, called "Rebel Fire" in 1986. Four years later, their first and sadly, the last album "Check And Mate" was released. It contains ten tracks. The last known line - up consisted of:
Vocals - Dragi Majstorovic
Guitars - Marc Bugnard and David Pariat
Bass - Andy Pasker
Drums, Keyboards - Fabian Ranzoni.
The band split up after releasing "Check And Mate". Marc Bugnard now runs LFT studios near Friedberg, Germany.