The Machine biography
There is more than one artist named The Machine.
1. A Dutch psychedelic rock band
2. An American Pink Floyd tribute band
3. A Lithuanian electronic musician
1.The Machine is a power trio from the Rotterdam area, The Netherlands. Their music characterizes itself as powerful with a lot of dynamics: ranging from hard-hitting rock to spaced out jams with a more experimental approach. The band’s very own sound is a compromise between organic and groovy drumming, inventive low end pounding and a punishing wall of guitar with some old school lead work.
Since forming in 2007, The Machine released several albums and played at some amazing occasions – among them are the fantastic Roadburn Festival (2010 & 2011), Burg Herzberg Festival (2011), DunaJam Festival (2012) and numerous club shows throughout Europe. They’re currently signed to Elektrohasch Records.
2. Pink Floyd tribute from New York, USA
THE MACHINE, America’s top Pink Floyd show, has forged a 20 year reputation of excellence, extending the legacy of Pink Floyd, while creating another legacy all their own. Over the years, The Machine has touched the hearts and souls of many, selling out large clubs and theatres across North and Central America, Europe and Asia. They have also appeared at renowned music festivals such as Bonnaroo, Riverbend, and Germany’s Rock of Ages.
The New York based band focuses on making every show an authentic Floydian experience for their fans. Known for performing a diverse mix of The Floyd’s extensive 16-album repertoire (complete with faithful renditions of well known hits as well as obscure gems), The Machine’s stellar musicianship, dramatic lighting and video, and their passionate delivery sets them above and beyond the rest.
In the classic tradition, The Machine explores collective improvisation paralleling and even rivaling that of an early 1970’s Pink Floyd mentality. Their use of expanded theatrical elements and elaborate stage displays continues in the spirit of the later Floyd lineups of the1980’s. The band is also known for recreating entire albums as a part of their show, accepting requests from fans, and for taking an A to Z approach in which one song is played for every letter of the alphabet. Additionally, the quartet has been sharing the stage with full symphony orchestras, enhancing and expanding the sonic depth of Pink Floyd.
3. Original name of The Machine is Ramunas Vabolis, born in 1988 october 24th in Lithuania, Kaunas city. As being a child he was very interested in electronic dance music, especially trance. He was liking it from the childhood, and at the age of fifteen he discovered hardstyle. Inspired by hard beats after the year he started to leard DJ-ing and also started to learn to use music software on a simple PC. fter half of the year of producing at the age of seventeen he made track called name RAW and with it got his first contact with the label. Track was realesed and got good success. More realeses fallowed like Immortality and especially Butterfly, which became a hit in dutch scene and was played at various big events. He joined to a succesfull dj/producer group Hard'Onez (main head DJ N3ck) which name gave more popularity to a growing dj/producer. Be ready for Hard'Onez world domination!